Care and Maintenance
Extension Care Quick Tips
- Treat them like your natural hair, but be gentle.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo.
- Don't over-wash your extensions. 2-3 times per week is optimal.
- Rinse them thoroughly.
- Always use a moisturizing conditioner.
- Avoid conditioners and oils near the bead areas.
- Apply a good quality hair oil while hair is still damp.
- Don't go to bed with wet hair, dry braided hair is best.
Hair Care Tips
In addition to getting the right cut to keep your look fresh in between salon visits, styling starts with skilled blowdrying techniques. Read our quick dry techniques below from our salon professionals. :
Blow Drying Basics:
Towel dry your hair – Pat gently, don’t rub, to avoid breakage.
Section off – Use a hair clip to separate hair and dry one section at a time.
Dry from the hair root, down the hair shaft, to the ends - Direct dryer heat using a brush to pull down hair in the natural direction of the cuticle from scalp to the tips.
Even heat distribution - Avoid directing heat in one area for too long which can lead to excessive damage. Use a thermal protectant for even better results.
Brush your hair gently - Starting at the bottom, gently working your way up. WET brush professional is recommended.